Printfriendly

Popular Posts

Potato Log Soup


Holy moly!  We are fans of those yummy seasoned and deep fried potato logs! The little convenient store up the street has the beset potato logs.  I normally never eat at convenient stores, but I will make an exception for these.  I really wanted potato soup but I also really wanted some potato logs, so I mixed them together.  I have found over the years randomly mixing different things that sound like they go good together often turns out to be some of the best recipes.

Potato Log Soup

  • 4 Red Potatoes
  • 10 +2  Seasoned Potato Logs
  • Cream Cheese- 8 ounce pack
  • Sour Cream- few tablespoons
  • Butter- tablespoon
  • Garlic Powder- sprinkle
  • Onion Powder- sprinkle
  • 1 small onion- sliced and sauteed until golden brown
  • Crisped Bacon or cubed ham
  • Cheddar Cheese- small chunked
  • Parsley- Garnish

Cube and boil your red potatoes down until you can insert your fork in with ease.   Add your sprinkle of seasonings in...you won't need much because potato logs have so much flavor.  Add your cream cheese in so it can start to melt into your potatoes; add butter; add your meat; add your caramelized onions; crumble your 10 potato logs into your pot and let simmer for about 45 minutes.  Crumble a few pieces of cheese in the bottom of each bowl and ladle your soup in, add a dollop of sc on top and mix in.  Garnish your bowls with the 2 remaining crumbled logs, crumbled cheese and sprinkle your parsley to make it pretty!  There is nothing better to add to this dish except for a piece of FRESH french bread.  Mmmm....mmmm....mmmm!

*If you need a more creamy potato base you can add instant potato flakes.  I am normally not your cook all day kinda gal, so I cheat and after my potatoes are all tender...I add a bit of flakes to make my base. :)

Now, grab a beer and you are good to go.  My husband and the kids loved this potato soup and I was told all the other potato soups would have to be kicked to the curb.  It really doesn't matter what time of the year it is a good bowl of potato soup is always welcomed.

Copyright © Consider Me Inspired | Custom Blog Design by Lilipop Designs