Printfriendly

Popular Posts

Make Your Own Moon Sand!

Buy MOON SAND or make MOON SAND??  That is the question.  Well, not really because we actually made some.  


Regular recipes around internet use cooking oil, olive oil or baby oil.  We went with coconut oil. :)  Always being different.  I always say you never know unless you try.  I am glad to let you know that it worked just fine.  Coconut oil is good for you skin and is not oil or greasy feeling AT ALL.  It was solid so I microwaved it 30 seconds break 30 seconds and mixed until it was all liquid.  We made 2 batches...one for each kid so there was no fussing about he has more, she has more or not sharing.  

8 cups flour split 1/2 and 1/2 in your tubs.

1 cup melted coconut oil 1/2 and 1/2 in your tubs.
Blend, blend and blend.  You will know when it is done by the consistency. Instead of it falling apart when you pick it up it will be more manageable and moldable. 



Want glittered moon sand?

Add a palm full- as in cup your hand and fill it will fine glitter, dump and blend.


***NOTE- Mixing  food coloring does not work AT ALL.  I tried putting drops in the sand and I even tried blending food coloring in baby oil separately and neither worked.  I may have done it wrong, but no colored sand for us.  That is mainly why we went with glitter. 


They were so messy and basically looked like they had just been playing at the beach because both of them was covered from head to toe in moon sand.   I am not really sure how they did it because you see the size of the little plastic bins I gave them.  I know at one time they were pretending that they were stuck in the sand and couldn't move, but other than that...your guess is as good as mine.  I had them do the shake shake routine and then I resorted to some towel swatting before I let them back through the kitchen door.   

Let me know if you make any or have made any.  How did it go?  Any tips?

Copyright © Consider Me Inspired | Custom Blog Design by Lilipop Designs