Printfriendly

Popular Posts

15 Ingredient Trash Can Cookies

http://onecreativeprocrastinatinggal.blogspot.com/


What tha!  Yes, we made trash can cookies.  The kind you mix a bunch of stuff together in a bowl and call it a trash can cookie, because the ingredients differ so much.  My husband was bring some home for a while when he was still going on over night trips to Raleigh, but now he is doing Charlotte so he comes home every night; so no more trash can cookies for us.   I decided to make some...or at least try to. ; )

I ran across a book at Tuesday Morning on sale the other day and it was only $1.80, so being the bargain addict I am, I couldn't pass it up.  The book is called "Baking Kids Love" by Sur la Table.

The original recipe "Secret Ingredient Chocolate Chip Cookies."   You know me, of course I had to make some changes.  I figured since it had so many weird ingredients, I would add a few more because it couldn't hurt right. 

Trash Can Cookies

1 cup or 2 sticks of unsalted softened butter
4 Large eggs at room temp.
1 Tbl pure vanilla extract
1 cup corn or canola oil
4 cups All Purpose Flour
2 cups sugar
2 cups tightly packed brown sugar
2 1/4 cup old fashioned oats (not instant)
2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking soda
2 1/2 cups Kellogg's Corn Flakes (stick to this brand for the best result)
1 12 oz. bag of miniature semisweet chocolate chips

Extra Ingredients
1 cup Raisins
1/2 cup Crushed Almonds
1 cup Coconut Flakes


Mix your butter, eggs and vanilla extract together with a spoon.  Blend in the oil until well combined. 

Whisk dry ingredients together in a separate bowl and then add to the wet ingredients.  Stir well until it is all well blended.  You can even use your hands to really get it mixed in.  

Smash your corn flakes lightly in a bag. (Don't use the food processor because size will reduce too much)
Add your corn flakes and chocolate chips into the batter and mix well.  

You can use a small icecream scooper to get your cookies to size or you can just ball them up. Don't flatten them, just leave them in a ball.  I did the 4 finger pinch size for my first batch and it fit 12 cookies on a parchment covered jelly roll plan.  After the first test batch I did 1/2 of that portion to get smaller cookies.  Bake at 350 on the middle rack for about 9 minutes for larger cookies and 7 minutes for smaller cookies.  Not all ovens are created equal, so bake until lightly brown.   


This actually made A LOT of cookies.  I think I got around 6 dozen cookies.   I froze the remaining cookies after I baked 1 pan of large cookies and then 2 pans of small cookies.  
*Roll the rest of your cookies up and flash fresh for 2 hour on your parchment lined pans and then you can put them in airtight containers or ziploc baggies. 


Copyright © Consider Me Inspired | Custom Blog Design by Lilipop Designs